1. We’re getting back to business. Yep, from Monday pubs clubs and restaurants can host 50 patrons. For your hospitality clients, this is going to be a huge relief. After many being shut or only doing takeaway for several months, times have been tough.
2. Save or make cash? That’s the question the AFR’s wealth column asks this week – is it better to save a lot or make a lot when it comes to getting rich. Bloomberg Opinion writers Nir Kaissar and Barry Ritholtz met online to debate which tactic is better.
3. Super contributions. As we edge closer to the end of the financial year, your definitive guide to year-end super contributions to minimise tax and boost that retirement nest egg is here.
4. MLC has announced a new licensee network, TenFifty Financial Group, for self-employed advisers and advice businesses as it attempts to create a “more focused and sustainable” financial advice business. More here.
5. Advisers continue to leave the sector. Rainmaker analysis of the ASIC Financial Adviser Register indicates that the register has dropped by 1488 advisers since the start of 2020. There were just 53 new entrants to the industry in the same period. More at Financial Standard.